Spiritual Growth Hour is an opportunity to go deeper in growing together in faith and relationships on Sunday mornings. Recordings of Spiritual Growth Hour sessions are available under the Resources tab, and are linked below as they are available.
Join us this Fall as we seek a Christ-led path beyond alienation and line-drawing to a place where we can all remain true to ourselves, and yet be in unity as Christian brothers and sisters. We will explore the book The Church of Us vs. Them by David E. Fitch, with sessions led by members of our FCC family. Later this fall we will put this into practice as we discuss Biblical responses to climate change and immigration.
- September 15 - Freedom in Christ led by Dr. Michelle Clifton-Soderstrom
- September 22 - Word of God and words of men led by Joe Mann
- September 29 - Finding Our Place in God's Story led by Joe Mann
- October 6 - No Spiritual Growth Hour
- October 13 - Beyond Enemies led by Kate Makosky and Paige Mann
- October 20 - Sharing Together in God's Drama led by Phil Erickson
- October 27 - Reformation Lessons for Life Together led by Dr. Chris Gehrz
- November 3 - Respectful Conversations with Kim Olstad
- November 10 - Seeking a Biblical Response to Climate Change led by the Sustainability Team
- November 17 - Seeking a Biblical Response to Immigration Part 1 led by the Jonathan House Team
- November 24 - Seeking a Biblical Response to Immigration Part 2 led by the Jonathan House Team
Bible Studies meet regularly on Wednesday Mornings (from 9:30am - 11:00am)
and Wednesday Evenings (from 6:15pm - 7:30pm)
in addition to the offerings during the Adult Spiritual Growth Hour on Sunday mornings.
Wednesday Morning Bible Study - 9:30am - 11:00am
Upper Fellowship Hall
Come and enjoy coffee, conversation, friendships, and a Bible study on Jesus's Sermon on the Mount in the gospels of Matthew and Luke. Be renewed and encouraged as we study what Jesus said and how it challenges us today.
Led by Dick and Barb Johnson
Following King Jesus: how to know, read, love, and show the Gospel - 6:15pm - 7:30pm
Pastor Anne's office
Join us as we discover together what it means to follow King Jesus, using Scot McKnight's workbook (by the same name) that will serve as a guide for study of Scripture and our group discussion, with the goal of living more fully what we want to believe.
Led by Pastor Anne and Pastor Mike
Men’s Prayer Breakfast
8:00am - 9:30am, first Saturday of each month
Meet with us each month to share a meal, study God’s word, pray for each other, and encourage one another on our walk with Jesus. We look for opportunities to serve the congregation and the neighborhood.
Questions? Contact Roger Quant Visitation Minister.
The Small Group Ministries at FCC are all about relationships.
Our goal is for more people to know more people.
To help you understand how this is lived out, we want you to keep two words in mind: deep and wide.
- Deep: LifeGroups (LGs)
- Wide: Small Groups (SGs)
LGs are groups of people making a longer commitment to grow deeper in relationship with one another. Some LGs have met for years, some are restarting, and some are just getting off the ground. Some LGs meet on the second Sunday of the month during the Spiritual Growth Hour, while others meet outside church.
SGs bring people together around a wide variety of shared interests (a book, running, a meal) with a lighter commitment level. SGs often exist for a season, not indefinitely. Some SGs on Sundays during the Spiritual Growth Hour, others will meet outside church.
Adventurous Christians Camp, Grand Marais
This annual retreat can be as active or relaxing as you want with skiing, hiking, snowshoeing, sauna-ing, eating, reading, fellowship and worship. All ages and stages are welcome to join us for this annual event.
Stay tuned for information related to 2020's Winter AC Retreat!
We take advantage of the slower pace in the summer to be challenged and inspired as we read and discuss together. In 2019 we gathered to discuss:
- My Name Is Not Easy by Debby Dahl Edwardson
- Love Undocumented: Risking Trust in a Fearful World by Sarah Quezada
(sponsored by Love Mercy Do Justice)
- Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler
- Searching for Sunday by Rachel Held Evans
- Parenting Forward by Cindy Wang Brandt
Women’s Ministries provides opportunities for women at First Covenant to deepen relationships with one another, and with their Creator. Join us for:
- Women’s Ministries International Triennial XVI
July 18-21, 2019 at the Marriott Convention Center, Minneapolis
Every three years a time for women of the Covenant around the world are invited to (re)discover who we are—as individuals uniquely made in God’s image, listen to each others’ voices and advocate for women to be heard, and to build a community of women of the Covenant, because we are stronger together. More information at: http://iam.covchurch.org