Youth Group meets weekly from 6:15pm - 7:30pm on Wednesdays.
The Graffiti Room
Learn about Jesus, have fun, and build relationships with peers and youth mentors. Weekly support groups provide connection points for youth to check in with one another and provide peer to peer encouragement and insight. Youth Group also includes large group teaching, games, and more.
Confirmation meets weekly from 11:00am - 12:00pm on Sundays.
Confirmation is our two year journey through the Old Testament, New Testament, and Church history. Confirmands meet weekly during the program year to grow in their faith and in community. Questions? Contact Kate Makosky or Pastor Anne.
Senior High Sunday School meets weekly from 11:00am - 12:00pm on Sundays.
The Graffiti Room
Our youth are used to asking hard questions. Each week we grow in faith together as we explore what the Bible has to say about faith, evil, and suffering, and following Jesus through it all.
The After School Program meets from
4:00pm - 5:45pm on Wednesday afternoons
This is First Covenant’s safe space between school and evening activities for children and youth (K - 12th grades), co-sponsored by our partners Family Values for Life. Participants enjoy gym time, reading and homework help, vocal/theater/dance workshops, snacks, and more!
Contact Chrissy Thomas, After School Program Coordinator.
We gather throughout the summer for fun, community building events. All events are for incoming 7th - exiting 12th graders and are held at First Covenant unless otherwise noted.
GRILL AND CHILL
Phalen Park Picnic Shelter
Let's kick off the summer with a night of grilling, chilling, and fun! Bring a friend and jump into summer.
MESSY GAME NIGHT
Join us for a fun night of games, squishy and gooey competitions, and awesome mess.
Bring a towel (or 10), wear a swimsuit or clothes that can get messy!
(incoming 6th - 9th graders)
Crossroads Covenant Church (Woodbury, MN)
The Most Unbelievable, Ultimate, Urban, Camping Experience - this high energy, fast-moving, multi-day event is the event of a lifetime with hundreds of our friends from around the Northwest Conference.
TACKY POOL PARTY
Anja and Liam Swenson's home (2800 Keller Parkway)
Our newest generation of Tackiness is here...say hello to Tacky Pool Party! Wear a tacky outfit along with your swimwear and win a prize. Get ready to swim, eat, play wacky tournament games, and close our the summer together.
Summer is one of our favorite seasons! Kids are out of school, but what to do with all of that free time? First Covenant provides and promotes several summer camps to help our community ensure that summer is enriching, fulfilling, and fun. Check out some of our summer camp options:
COVENANT PINES BIBLE CAMP (CPBC)
Our Covenant-owned camp in McGregor, Minnesota is an overnight Bible camp. First Covenant sponsors specific weeks for our campers to attend in order to build relationships within our community. While at CPBC campers experience fun camp games and activities, experience engaging speakers and worship in chapel twice a day, while guided by camp counselors. Ages that can attend Covenant Pines (all ages reflect the grades that they are entering in the coming program year):
- Junior High Camp (incoming 7th - exiting 8th graders)
- Senior High Camp (incoming 9th - 12th graders)
HERO TRAINING CAMP (HTC)
Phalen Rec Center
HTC is First Covenant’s take on Vacation Bible School – amped up! Our youth serve behind the scenes and as assistants to adult coaches and leaders to help make it all happen.
SANNEH SOCCER CAMPS (5 - 12 year olds)
Phalen Rec Center
The Sanneh Foundation, along with Saint Paul Parks and Rec is offering FREE soccer clinics this summer. Campers receive daily soccer instruction on basic skills, speed and agility development, attacking, defending, small-sided games, and tactics. Meals and/or snacks may be provided at the camp. Register online here.
SANNEH FOOTBALL CAMP (2nd - 8th grades)
Johnson High School
Come join and learn new skills, make new friends, and most of all - have fun at the Sanneh Foundation's free summer camp! Campers receive daily football instruction, a free t-shirt, water bottle, cinch sack, and Delta Dental oral hygiene kit. Register online here.
Our senior highers’ annual summer trip is on a three-year rotation:
- Boundary Waters: First Covenant youth and leaders attend a five-day canoeing and camping experience with Adventurous Christians (AC), a wilderness camp owned by the Northwest Conference, located on the Gunflint Trail in northern Minnesota. AC employs knowledgeable wilderness guides to ensure that our group has a safe and exciting trip where our youth meet God in a wilderness setting in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. Our next Boundary Waters trip is in summer 2022.
- Mission or Experiential Learning: First Covenant youth and leaders participate in a short term mission trip or learning experience. We’ve been to Kansas City, International Falls, and Haiti. Most recently our youth participated in an intergenerational Sankofa experience to learn about racial reconciliation. We are looking forward to this trip in 2020.
- CHIC (Covenant High In Christ): the triennial youth conference for our denomination, the Evangelical Covenant Church. First Covenant youth and leaders join over 5,000 others at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville for five fun, transformational, Christ-centered days. We are looking forward to CHIC again in 2021.
It seems like there’s no shortage of opinions on how to parent the best, how do you know you’re doing it right? The parenting journey can be challenging, isolating, and confounding. Parent Ministry Online (PMO) is our way to encourage and equip parents and caregivers on the roller coaster ride of parenting. PMO is a service curated by trusted experts in childhood and faith development, and personalized by our First Covenant team. In short, it’s tailored to our community and your needs.
Sign up for Parent Ministry Online and each month you’ll receive:
- Two brief emails introducing and unpacking a topic that is specific to your child’s age and stage – these come at the beginning and mid-point of each month.
- A link to a personalized video going further in depth to the month’s topic from your own ministry leaders.
- Ongoing encouragement and thoughts as you follow our Children and Family Ministry on social media.
- Curated information from trusted experts.
Ministry is maximized by our volunteers. We love our volunteers and value the impact they make in the lives of our children. First Covenant’s Children and Family Ministry believes in equipping and empowering our volunteers to serve, love, and care for our children. We do this by:
- Maintaining a safe adult to child ratio in our programs.
- Enforcing safe bathroom and safety procedures.
- Ensuring that our volunteers are trained and have successfully passed background checks before serving.
Are you interested in being a Youth and Family volunteer in one of our ministry areas?
Contact Kate Makosky, Interim Minister to Youth and Families.